Thursday, February 4

Grading Last Year's Predictions:
American League

So with spring training inching closer and closer, it is almost time for me to make my 2010 predictions. But before I do that, I thought I should take a look back and grade myself on how I did last year.

Today I will be looking at how my American League predictions panned out. The rest of the schedule looks like this:
  • Fri. 2/5 - Grading 2009 NL East Predictions
  • Mon. 2/8 - Mail Bag (Send me your questions!)
  • Tues. 2/9 - Grading 2009 NL West Predictions
  • Wed. 2/10 - Grading 2009 NL Central Predictions
  • Thur. 2/11 - Grading 2009 Postseason & Awards Predictions
So, without further adieu, lets get at it.
[Here's my link to the 2009 AL Predictions article: 2009 AL Pred.]

AL West Predicted: Angels, Rangers, A's, Mariners
AL West Actual: Angels, Rangers, Mariners, A's

AL West Grade: A-
Considering I only flip-flopped the 3rd and 4th place positions, I give myself a solid A-. Got a problem with how this teacher grades? Call the principal. Oh, and I'm the principal, too. So don't waste your time.

AL Central Predicted: Twins, White Sox, Indians, Tigers, Royals
AL Central Actual: Twins, Tigers, White Sox, Indians, Royals

AL Central Grade: B
I gave myself a B even though I only got 2 of the 5 right. The reason is I got the first place team right and I got a lot of grief for that pick. And first place is all that really matters anyway. Plus, the only team I really got wrong was the Tigers. Not to mention I went way out on a limb picking the Royals to finish last. So a B sounds fair.

AL East Predicted: Red Sox, Rays, Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles
AL East Actual: Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Blue Jays, Orioles

AL East Grade: C+
Again I got 2 out of 5. But in all fairness, I did have the order of the Sox and Rays correct. However, my first place decision was clouded by my disdain for the Yanks. I call that prediction more wishful thinking. I'll do better this year. But I deserve that C+.

2009 AL Prediction Wrap-up:
Overall, I got the right placement for 6 out of the total 14 teams. Not half bad. I really only missed Detroit and New York. I'll give them more credit this year. Learn from my mistakes. And don't forget, I picked the Twinkies when nobody else would touch them. Yeah. That was me. I did that.

See ya'll tomorrow. Questions? Comments? Love it? Hate it? Don't be shy. Comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have you know I picked the Twins too! So assuming the Cards don't do anymore dealing, what do you think will be our opening day lineup? Is there anyone coming up from the minors that might surprise us?
    MZS

    ReplyDelete