Thursday, February 11

Final Grading Day: How I Did Picking 2009 Postseason Teams & Award Winners

Last day of grading myself from last year. How did I do on picking the postseason teams and winners from last year? Let us see...

[link to the original post]

2009 AL Predicted Playoff Teams: Red Sox, Angels, Rays, Twins
2009 AL Actual Playoff Teams: Yankees, Angels, Red Sox, Twins

Like I said a few days ago. I knew deep down that the Yankees would be playing in October. I just felt like if I doubted them, that little doubt I had would be the negativity that would ruin them. Silly me. But I still got 3 of the 4 teams. Good job, Matt.

2009 NL Predicted Playoff Teams: Mets, Cards, D'backs, Phillies
2009 NL Actual Playoff Teams: Dodgers, Phillies, Rockies, Cards

Horrible. Simply horrible. I guess I did get 2 of 4. I'll take it and run.

Probably the saddest of all my predictions from last spring was my World Series prediction: Red Sox vs. Mets...ha. Not even close.

Now onto how I did in guessing the postseason awards.

NL MVP: Albert Pujols (Correct)
AL MVP: Evan Longoria (Wrong - Mauer)

NL Cy Young: Tim Lincecum (Correct)
AL Cy Young: Roy Halladay (Wrong - Greinke)

NL ROY: Colby Rasmus (Wrong - Coghlan)
AL ROY: Matt Wieters (Wrong - Bailey)

NL Manager: Jerry Manuel (Way Wrong - Tracy)
AL Manager: Ron Gardenhire (Wrong - Scioscia)

Well I got 2 right. Although, that Lincecum should have been wrong. Carpenter and Wainwright were robbed. And how would I have known to guess Greinke?...or Coghlan? Come on baseball. You're makin' me look stupid here.

Well, that wraps up our look back at how I did pickin' 'em last year. And though I didn't do spectacular, I am fired up for my 2010 picks. They will be fantastic picks, too. You'll see.

See ya tomorrow Cards Fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment