Saturday, April 11

Game 6

Oswalt (0-1, 3.86) vs. Wainwright (0-0, 3.38)

Joel Pineiro pitched very well last night and Luwick hit his second home run of the season as the Cards went on the beat the Astros 5-3. Pineiro went 6 2/3 innings giving up only 2 runs.

Other than that, it was same old, same old for the Cards. Kinney and Motte both had rough outings again. Kinney went 1 1/3 innings and gave up 1 run on 1 hit and 2 walks. Motte began the 9th before Tony changed his mind and brought in McClellan. Motte retired 1 batter and gave up 2 hits. However, both Motte and Kinney received "holds."

Should be a good game today. Good pitching matchup. I'm hoping I can watch it on Fox, I heard a rumor it was the game of the week. Let's make it 2 for 2 against the 'stros and go for the sweep tomorrow!

Lineup:
1) Schumaker, 2B
2) Rasmus, RF
3) Pujols, 1B
4) Duncan, LF
5) Ankiel, CF
6) Molina, C
7) Thurston, 3B
8) Ryan, SS
9) Wainwright, P

Go Cards.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really liking Thurston, actually thinking about picking himup for my Fantasy team. Would like to see Tony play him regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like him too. And I wish Tony would leave him down in the 6-8 spot no matter how hot he's hitting. I like that extra boost at the bottom of the lineup to help turn it back over to the top of the order.

    ReplyDelete