Wednesday, April 29

Game 21 Recap

Well, the Cards took a tough luck loss to the Braves on Tuesday. Lohse pitched another dandy tossing 6 shut out innings and left with a 1-0 lead.

Something had to give in our bullpen. Everything seemed like it was all working out in the later innings. I could tell this was going to happen. Motte did manage to escape his inning of work unscathed thanks in a huge part to Ankiel's diving catch in the left center gap to make the third out.

But then comes McClellan... He walked the bases loaded mixing a couple of outs between the walks. After a not-so-perfect outing for McClellan the last time he pitched, I have no idea why La Russa stuck with him as long as he did. At least he didn't walk the runs in... but I guess I'm digging pretty deep for a positive there.

Our offense just couldn't put anything together tonight. The Cards managed just 3 hits - 2 of those from red-hot-Molina, the third was from Lohse. Yadi is now hitting .353 this year with 2 homers, 12 RBIs... even a swiped a bag. Not to mention he's also riding a 12 game hit streak. Based on his current numbers, his projected full season stats look like this:

Hits - 202
Doubles - 34
Homers - 17
RBIs - 101
Stikeouts - 59
Steals - 8

Ok, maybe that last one might be very farfetched... but it's good to try and be optomistic.

Cards send Wainwright to the mound Tuesday night in Atlanta as the Birds and the Braves square off in the rubber match.

LetsGoBirds

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you've convinced me...I'm going to pick up Yadier as my fantasy league catcher. Of course, with my current catcher being A.J. Pierzsynski, it doesn't take much arm-twisting! Could you get just one hit for me A.J., please??!!

    ReplyDelete