Monday, February 8

Monday Mail Bag - 2010 Lineup

Happy Monday to everybody! I think everybody was pretty surprised with the finish in the Super Bowl last night. I know I was. And I was a little bummed too. I know, I know... I usually am pulling for the underdogs, but I like Peyton and the Saints just seem so cocky. But I do give the Saints a tip of my proverbial cap. But you won't catch me saying "Who Dat" anytime soon...other than that one time just now.

OK...on to some baseball. Looks like only one question in the mail bag again this week. The question for this week is:
"So assuming the Cards don't do anymore dealing, what do you think will be our opening day lineup? Is there anyone coming up from the minors that might surprise us?"
Personally, I don't think there will be any surprises. For the most part we have our lineup set. Mozeliak is done doing what he does...or rather, what he rarely does. And I really don't want to go out on a limb like I did last year. (Last season in spring training I picked Motte to be our closer. La Russa made the same decision. Then Motte went out opening day and blew a save to the Pirates. I was right...but wish I could have been wrong.)


Here it is - my guess at the 2010 starting lineup, rotation, closer, and bench.

Opening Day Starting Lineup:
  1. 2B - Skip Schumaker
  2. CF - Colby Rasmus
  3. 1B - Albert Pujols
  4. LF - Matt Holliday
  5. RF - Ryan Ludwick
  6. 3B - David Freese
  7. C - Yadier Molina
  8. SS - Brendan Ryan
  9. Pitcher Spot
Rotation:
  1. Chris Carpenter
  2. Adam Wainwright
  3. Kyle Lohse
  4. Brad Penny
  5. Blake Hawksworth (call it my "out-on-a-limb" pick - meaning, if Hawksworth makes the rotation, remember that I said it first, and if he doesn't, forget I ever said this)
Bench:
  1. C - Jason LaRue
  2. IF - Julio Lugo
  3. IF - Tyler Greene
  4. OF - Allen Craig
Bullpen:
  1. Mitchell Boggs
  2. Ryan Franklin
  3. Josh Kinney
  4. Kyle McClellan
  5. Trever Miller
  6. Jason Motte
  7. Dennys Reyes
  8. P.J. Walters
Wow...seeing that bullpen written out scares the life out of me. Hopefully we can lead the league in complete games...

Anyway, that is all I have for today. Have a good Monday. Oh, and don't forget - less than 9 days 'til P's & C's!

See ya tomorrow Cards Nation

3 comments:

  1. Who is Allen Craig?
    MZS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click here

    Would you rather have Craig of Stavinoha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your everyday line and it is my choise also. But, I betcha Larussa will have to play as many bench players in the line up everyday as he can.

    ReplyDelete