Thursday, April 23

Game 16

Hernandez (1-0, 4.63) vs. Lohse (2-0, 2.57)

Cards have won 2 in a row against those struggling Mets. They won game one with the bullpen and clutch late hitting. And won game two with lights out pitching from Joel Pineiro who pitched into the 9th and at one point retired 13 in a row. He has run his record to a nice looking 3-0.

In fact all of our starters are pitching well. That must be the miracle of Duncan.

Pineiro: 3-0, 4.12 ERA
Lohse: 2-0, 2.57 ERA
Wainwright, 2-0, 3.31 ERA
Carpenter, 1-0, 0.00 ERA
Wellemeyer, 1-1, 5.29 ERA

Given some of the names in this rotation, I am more than pleased with the results thus far this year.

Kyle Lohse looks to tie Pineiro today at 3 wins as he takes the hill with the Cards look for the clean sweep against New York. It would be their 2nd series sweep already this season. Lohse is our interim 'ace' while Carp is still fighting his way back, and so far he has pitched like it.

Keep it going today Lohse. Early start - 12:40 STL time.

Lineup:
1) Schumaker, 2B
2) Rasmus, LF
3) Pujols, 1B
4) Ludwick, RF
5) Ankiel, CF
6) Barden, 3B
7) Ryan, SS
8) LaRue, C
9) Lohse, P

Go Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Would you pick Lohse over Wainwright? I love Lohse, don't get me wrong (go Twins!), but I think I would pick Wainwright over Lohse if I had one game to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all due respect, Mr. "Anonymous", I stand by my decision.

    Lohse has performed better than Wainwright this season, and Lohse is making $5 million more than Wainwright this season. He better be performing better.

    ReplyDelete