Monday, March 15

Howard For Pujols? Keep Dreamin' Philly

I feel like I need to comment on the whole "Albert Pujols for Ryan Howard" trade.

The only problem is that I don't even know where to begin with how ridiculous this story is. And I am even more surprised that an ESPN guy, Buster Olney, would bring up something as heinous as this.

It would not make any sense at all for the Cardinals. Financially, Ryan Howard is making more than Pujols this year. Not to mention, he will command a contract near the amount of Pujols. It's not like it will save the Cards a ton of money in the short-term or the long-run.


I wonder if Buster Olney is spreading rumors about me right now.

The main reason, however, that this trade would never take place is purely talent related. Not to discredit Howard at all. He is an amazing player. But he's no Pujols. Howard has power and run scoring abilities. Pujols has those same skills, along with a much better glove, and about 12,000 fewer strikeouts...per season.

I can't remember where I read it, but I read a tip for Buster Olney last night. He just needs to stay away from the Cardinals and do what ESPN pays him to do and cover the Yankees and Red Sox.

3 comments:

  1. Just in...Buster Olney reports Cardinals to trade Carpenter to Phillies for J.A. Happ
    MZS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Last report I heard from Olney, the Cards were offering Carpenter and Wainwright in a package for Lidge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olney for Nanci Donnellan

    ReplyDelete